The Boys & Girls Nursery Apprenticeship Scheme has been created to provide an opportunity for those with an interest in childcare to gain skills, work alongside an experienced team, study towards an early year’s qualification all whilst earning a wage.
We work closely with The Childcare Company and Swift Childcare to ensure our Apprentices are coached by an allocated tutor, as well as benefitting from in-house mentors and sharing knowledge and best practices with our qualified teams. Early Years Childcare Apprenticeships take 1 to 2 years to complete, and our learners are fully supported every step of the way.
Alongside receiving fully funded training our Apprentices earn up to £1806 per month based on age/hours worked!
Could this be for you?
- Sing nursery rhymes with a smile, doesn’t matter if you’re not in tune?!
- Do the actions to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star?
- Pretend to be an explorer on the moon?
- Sit on a small chair and help with mealtimes?
Do you have:
- A kind nature?
- A fun sense of humour?
- A washing machine so you can regularly clean glitter off your uniform?
What we offer:
- Fully funded Level 2 & Level 3 in Childcare
- A supportive and knowledgeable team to guide you
- A competitive salary
- Paid Bank Holidays
- Up to 25 days holiday per year
- Annual bonus & pay review
- And so much more!
Responsibilities and duties:
- Play an active part in the children’s daily routine and learning experiences
- Organising exciting activities which are interesting and age appropriate
- Help supervise the children at mealtimes and sleep time
- Welcome parents into nursery with a smile
- Comply with Health & Safety procedures
- Ensure the environment is safe and equipment is in good working order
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Punctual & reliable
Our Apprentices have gone on to do amazing things, a qualification and experience in childcare can lead to so many different things! Roles they have progressed into include:
Nursery Manager / Early Years Educator / Midwife / Social Worker / Family Support Officer / Teacher / Nurse
We will support you through an Apprenticeship where you will benefit from paid work whilst gaining a recognised Early Years Qualification. You will have the option of working 9-3pm or full-time paid.