We follow the statutory Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, a Government framework that focusses on development and learning for children from birth up to the age of five.
This curriculum sets the standard that we, as early years providers, must meet.
As part of the EYFS goals, we must ensure that all children:
- make good progress and learn well
- are kept healthy and safe
- are "school read" by the time they reach the age of five
- have a broad range of knowledge and skills
- have a learning and development programme drawn up that is appropriate to their own stage of development
In addition, we must demonstrate:
- a strong partnership with parents and/or carers
- robust safeguarding practices
- equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice
No matter how old your child is, we make sure all learning at Boys & Girls Nursery is fun and stimulating.
Staff plan activities every day, carefully balancing structured play and child-led fun, where children choose what they want to do.
All children have individual learning profiles, which enable staff to track progress and prepare for the next stage of development. Parents are encouraged to take these portfolios home and add their own information to help staff plan and develop further learning.
More information on the EYFS can be found at www.foundationyears.org.uk